Privacy & Terms
Storyteller is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using the Service, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
Storyteller may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 13 January 2020.
What we may collect and what we do with this information
Admin account information
When: When an admin creates an admin account for you.
What: Your name and email address.
- For you to be able to use Storyteller as an admin user.
- For internal record keeping.
- So we may provide you with support.
When: When you use the online contact form.
What: Your email address.
- So we can provide you with more information about Storyteller.
Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website
When: When you visit this service.
What: This data may include information such as your IP address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the web-pages you visit, the search terms you use, the location of your ISP and any advertisements on which you click.
- To monitor the use of this service.
- For this service's technical administration.
- NOT to associate your IP address with any other personally identifiable information to identify you personally, except in case of violation of the Terms & Conditions.
We may disclose any of the above information for special cases where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms and conditions or may be causing injury or interference with our rights, property, our customers or anyone who could be harmed by such activities. We may also disclose information we collect when we believe, in good faith, that the law requires it.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The data we collect is stored with an industry leading cloud provider within the US. All of our data is encrypted while it is at rest.
- For data in transit, industry-standard transport protocols between user devices and our data centers are used. These same protocols are used within the data centers themselves.
- Detection and mitigation techniques are used to protect against DDoS attacks.
- Servers have antimalware software installed.
- Regular penetration testing is conducted.
- Our cloud provider has a global incident response team which works around the clock to mitigate the effects of any attacks. These are backed by centers of excellence that fight digital crime, respond to security incidents and vulnerabilities, and combat malware.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, and all personal data is deleted 14 months after your last visit.
We use targeting and advertising cookies to collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website and user experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
The Service may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the Service, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Please contact us at email@example.com if:
- You wish to request details of personal information which we hold about you.
- You wish for us to restrict the collection, processing or use of your personal information.
- You wish for us to stop the collection, processing or use of your personal information.
- You wish for us to destroy any record of your personal information.
- You wish for us to transfer your personal information elsewhere.
- You believe any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete.
We will respond to your query within 30 days.
Terms and Conditions
By using any of Storyteller’s websites, apps or platform (the “Service”), you agree with us to be bound by the following terms & conditions (the “Terms”) in full:
- You must be 13 years or older to use the Service.
- With the exception of material uploaded or created via the Service (“your content”), all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Service and the materials in the Service are owned by us and are reserved.
- You must not edit, otherwise modify, republish, sell, rent, sub-license, publicly show, commercially exploit or redistribute material from the Service.
- We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of the Service, and you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any of these restrictions.
- You must not:
- Use the Service in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Service;
- Use the Service in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- Use the Service to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of, or is linked to, any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke, logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- Conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities in relation to the Service
- Access or interact with the service using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- Abuse harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate any other user of the Service.
- You must not use another person’s account, or allow any other person to use your account to access the Service.
- You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of any account, or any disclosure of any password.
- You are responsible for any activity on the Service arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
- We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or edit your account at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
- Your content must not be illegal, unlawful, libellous, maliciously false, obscene, indecent, in contempt of any court, blasphemous, in breach of any contract, pornographic, untrue, false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; infringe any rights including copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, intellectual property right, any right of confidence, right of privacy, right under data protection legislation or any person’s legal rights; contain negligence, religious or racial hatred, official secrets, instructions that could cause illness, injury, death, loss or damage; incite, instruct or promote crime; depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner; constitute spam, cause annoyance, cause inconvenience or cause needless anxiety.
- We do not warrant or represent the completeness or accuracy of the information or material published on the Service, or that the Service will remain available.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any part of the Service at any time in our sole discretion without notice, explanation or compensation to you.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, in any way that is not permitted or may not be excluded under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event beyond our reasonable control, in respect of any business losses, in respect of any loss or corruption of data, in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss, and in respect of any loss or damage of any nature to the extent of any part of the Service that is provided free of charge.
- You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connect with the Service or the Terms.
- If you breach the Terms in any way, or if we suspect such a breach, without prejudice to our other rights under the Terms we may send you one or more formal warnings, suspend your account, delete your account, block your IP from accessing the Service, contact your ISP to request they block you from accessing the Service, or commence legal action against you.
- We may revise the Terms from time to time, and the latest version shall apply to the use of the Service from the date of publication, and you hereby waive any right you may otherwise have to be notified of, or to consent to, any revisions.
- You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights or obligations under the Terms, and that you may not do the same with yours.
- If any court or competent authority determines any provision or any part of any provision of the Terms to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions or other parts of the offending provision will continue in effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland, and if any dispute or claim arises in relation to your use of the Service, it shall be governed by the law of Scotland and you shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
- The Service is owned and operated by Storm Ideas Ltd, registered in Scotland under registration number SC344051, with our registered office at Sugar Bond House, 7th Floor, 2 Anderson Place, Edinburgh, EH6 5NP, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 985964934.
- You can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, by using the contact form on the home page of this website, or writing to our principal place of business at Storyteller, Storm Ideas Ltd, Sugar Bond House, 7th Floor, 2 Anderson Place, Edinburgh, EH6 5NP, United Kingdom.